Is it about time for a roof replacement? Asphalt shingles are the most popular option among homeowners today; however, it may be time to consider a metal roof. Here are 8 things you need to know about metal roofing:
- Metal roofs are meant to last a lifetime. If properly installed, a metal roof should last as long as the house. Most metal roofs last 3 to 4 times longer than asphalt roofs.
- Do you currently have an asphalt roof and are concerned about the demolition? Luckily, some metal roofs can be installed over your current roof.
- Metal roofs typically come with a hefty price tag compared with other roofing options. However, they eventually pay for themselves since they almost never need replacing like asphalt roofs.
- Metal roofing is virtually maintenance free.
- Installing a metal roof can help to save money on your heating a cooling costs.
- Instead of absorbing the sun’s heat, metal roofs reflect the heat due to its high solar reflexivity. The percentage of solar reflexivity overall depends on the color you choose; however, it is typically much higher compared to the 5% average of asphalt shingles.
- Since metal roofs are non combustible, they receive a Class A fire rating. This is much better than the Class C rating of wood shingles.
- There are quite a few metals to choose from when it comes to metal roofing. These options include tin, aluminum, copper, and galvanized steel. copper tends to be the most expensive option and develops a beautiful patina over time.
Balducci Exteriors prefers Sentrigard metal roofing systems for your home. Sentrigard prides itself on providing high quality materials to ensure a quality product. They have developed state of the art machinery, which allows for Sentrigard to test their metal roofing under the most stringent testing to ensure a durable and long-lasting product. Sentrigard’s line of Sentriclad Architectural Metals are made of quality GALVALUME and aluminum. They are available in over 30 colors, including some metallic shades.
Metal roofs are a great option for homeowners who want a roof that requires little maintenance and will last for years to come.